Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM & OCPM Features

amayacitta

Hey, I was told that these forums are monitored by NetApp employees and maybe the product managers.. we have ended up hitting a few walls when trying to configure OCPM 2.0 RC1 and OCUM 6.3 RC1 for our cDOT systems. It seems that 5.x was much more configurable, especially around alarms and thresholds. Maybe some of you know how to do these things and a feature request isn't needed, if you do please let me know how.

1) In OCPM We don't seem to be able to change the thresholds on the system defined threshold policies, is this possible? For example we want to change the "Node Fragmentation" policy to not alarm out of hours, we get an alarm when disk scrubs occur - the manual says this is normal and expected which is fine but we don't want the alarm when a scrub occurs. Can we get the ability to either configure/disable the system defined policies and/or configure time restrictions on them - we could then disable the alarm during the scub window 🙂

2) It would be great if we could configure time restrictions on user defined threshold policies in OCPM and events in OCUM. If these could be per policy/event that would be fantastic or at the very least per event category.

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Anoop

Hi,

System-defined thresholds and dynamic thresholds are set by Performance Manager and are not configurable.

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP12406790/html/GUID-B0C4679D-E783-47B5-BD22-24A72CCF10FA.html

Regards,

Anoop

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

amayacitta
Thanks Anoop, thing is we need to change them. Is it on the road map to allow them to be changed? If not please take this as a feature request.

Same goes for the time based threshold policies in OCPM and events in OCUM. We need more flexibility in the system to meet our and our customers needs.

Anoop

Hi,

I think your accounts team would be the best people to clarify this and also raise a feature request.

Regards,

Anoop

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public