Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Host Package 1.1 - unmount failes

chott

Hi everyone,

I installed the OnCommand Host Package on my Virtual Ceneter VM (vc-demo), I also followed the steps to setup the shared lock directory as stated in the installation documentation.

Discovery and Backup of Vms or Datastores works fine.

However when I mount a Backup to my Virtual Center that part works and i can explore with VMware explorer the cloned datastore, but unmounting the Backup from OnCommand Console fails with the error code:

Failure in CreateSharedLockManagerLocks: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

My smvi.override file looks like that:

credential.persistence.file.path=C:\\Program Files\\NetApp\\OnCommand Host Package\\VMware Plugin\\\\etc\\cred

http.port=8044

shared.subplugin.lock.directory=C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\locks

The smvi.override file is located in: C:\Program Files\NetApp\OnCommand Host Package\VMware Plugin\etc

The VSC is installed on: C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console

Im Running VSC 4.0

When I leave everything in default (default locks directory and default smvi.override file) unnount works. But this implies the risk of deadlock between vsc and OC Host Package.

Appreciate any hint!

cheers chris

P.S. if you feel this post is useful, please KUDO or “accept as a solution" so other people may find it faster.
3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi Chris,

I smell a bug here. Will circle back once some check is done.

Regards

adai

svijay

Looks like its currently working as per design, Please refer to the OnCommand installation and setup guide:

"When you upgrade from SMVI 1.x, SMVI 2.x, or VSC 2.0 to OnCommand, you must back up

the smvi.override file from the previous installation directory. You must also copy any

changes that were made in the previous smvi.override file to the new smvi.override

file that is installed with the Host Package."

PHANI1

i am having the same issue.. is this been resolved.

I have installed OnCommand5.1 with HP1.2 . No Issues backup, mounting and browsing the mounted snapshot but cant unmount the cloned datastore. getting the following error

Failure in CreateSharedLockManagerLocks: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

Host Package is installed on vcenter and server is shared with VSC.

My smvi.override file looks like that:

credential.persistence.file.path=C:\\Program Files\\NetApp\\OnCommand Host Package\\VMware Plugin\\\\etc\\cred

http.port=8044

shared.subplugin.lock.directory=C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\locks

The smvi.override file is located in: C:\Program Files\NetApp\OnCommand Host Package\VMware Plugin\etc

The VSC is installed on: C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console

Any suggestions

Public