Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Unified Manager / Reporting Manager 7.0 Questions

axsys

Hello Guys,

Running OCUM/OCPM version 7.0 here in our productive environment and I'm really happy with it.

It's running very smooth and shows me a lot of data regarding performance & health. The alerting is very simple and great too.

I've got two issues tho nevertheless. since a while when I go onto my performance dashboard, I get the error: "Data analysis is taking too long on Cluster" on all my cluster systems:ocum.jpg

I have no idea what to do or get rid of it. Searched out everything but couldn't find anything.

Plus event log, show's a bunch of these errors since implementing OCUM and I'm just ignoring the messages right now:

11/11/2016 12:52:36 ct4 WARNING      api.fileio: errorDescription="Old iterator file purge cycle report: deleted=36 current=0", targetDescription="/etc/.zapi", errorCode="0", errorDetail=""
11/11/2016 12:52:35 ct1 WARNING      api.fileio: errorDescription="Old iterator file purge cycle report: deleted=36 current=0", targetDescription="/etc/.zapi", errorCode="0", errorDetail=""
11/11/2016 12:52:35 ct2 WARNING      api.fileio: errorDescription="Old iterator file purge cycle report: deleted=36 current=0", targetDescription="/etc/.zapi", errorCode="0", errorDetail=""
11/11/2016 12:52:35 ct3 WARNING      api.fileio: errorDescription="Old iterator file purge cycle report: deleted=36 current=0", targetDescription="/etc/.zapi", errorCode="0", errorDetail=""

If you have any clues or had similar issues then please let me know!

Cheers,

Axsys

8 REPLIES 8

avijits

Hello Axsys:

Great to know that OCUM/OPM 7.0 version is running in your production environment providing value. Also, thank you for bringing the 2 issues.

1.  "Data analysis is taking too long on Cluster" message

- This is a banner when analytics cannot process data with the acquisition interval. The analysis is expected to finish in the 5 minute between the statistical collections. Could you please check if the VM has enough resources or if you have multiple large clusters on one system? Our suggestion would be to check the resources on the VM, make sure they are conforming, or increase the collection interval to make sure that the data analysis is completed within the collection interval.

2. Errors in the log:

-  I have reached out to our engineering to get feedback on this.

Thanks.

-Avijit Sikder

avijits

Hello Axsys:

We would like to do some investigation on why you are getting the message. Could you please reach out to me at avijits@netapp.com ?

Many thanks.

-Avijit

rro

Hi,

do you have any news about the message : api.fileio: errorDescription="Old iterator file purge cycle report: ....

Thanks in advance

RRO

axsys

Currently just rerouting them into the deleted items. It's not really an error AFAIK. Avijit has not gotten back to me either yet I'm afraid.

Cheers,

axsys

DANTAYLOR80

Hello, did this get answered or resolved out of interest? also what version of ONTAP were you running?

axsys

hey there,

the first one magically disappeared. the 2nd one is not yet solved. Still rerouting it to deleted items. avijit did not get in touch anymore since I asked back a couple weeks back.

I'm running 8.3.2P2 and will be upgrading soon.

cheers,

axsys

JohnTIV

We are having the same errors on 9.1P1 "api.fileio: errorDescription="Old iterator file purge cycle report: deleted=36 current=0", targetDescription="/etc/.zapi", errorCode="0", errorDetail=""

Any updates on this?

axsys

running 9.1P3 as far as I can see no API message in deleted items anymore...

Public