Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance Manager graphs "export" via url

cjf001

Hi, I am using performance manager (I think).... when I do a Help->About->Configuration I get this :

Application name: NetApp Management Console Version: 3.3 Build number: 3.3.0.7209 Installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Management Console Java VM OS Architecture: x86 OS Name: Windows Server 2008 R2 OS Version: 6.1 Java VM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_29 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. Java Free Memory: 22.0 MB Java Total Memory: 93.1 MB Java Max Memory: 494.9 MB DFM Version: 5.2.0.16233 (5.2) DFM Serial Number: 1-50-122030 DFM Host Name: ilcwdfm01 DFM Node Limit: 250 (currently managing 😎 Provisioning Node Limit: 250 (currently managing 😎 Protection Node Limit: 250 (currently managing 😎 DFM OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) x64 based DFM CPU Count: 2 DFM System Memory: 8191 DFM Install Directory: C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM DFM System Time: Aug 08, 2015 08:08:25 PM Data ONTAP Operating Mode: 7-Mode

So, the question is..... *I* can see the graph that I'm interested in - it's a volume IOPS graph. However, I want *others* to be able to see that graph, too - not necessarily admins (ie, management types). I don't want them to have to log into the app to see it, either.

In some docs I've seen an option called "copy link to page", which seems like EXACTLY what I'd like to do - copy the link to the page I'm looking at, and then send that link to the others that I want to be able to see it.  (see https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1552961/html/GUID-E000CFC4-C568-4181-AAB5-790BF331FD6C.html).

However, that option does not show up under my "Actions" pulldown, like the link above says it should.

Does anyone know where to find this option, and/or how to acomplish the same thing ? I was thinking there must be a "standard" url that points to these types of graphs, but can't find any reference to that, though.

Thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3

madden

Hi John,

From the output you shared it looks like you using Performance Advisor and want to share a graph of a 7-mode system.  The instructions link you shared is from Performance Manager which is for Clustered Data ONTAP only.  In the Performance Advisor there is unfortunately no way to share a link.  You can 'save as' to png as you probably already saw, or you can use the dfm CLI to generate the same and email, perhaps as a daily report.  There is also a data collector that will post to the NetApp ToolChest that submits data to Graphite with dashboards in Grafana.  This solution would allow sharing of a URL like you desire.  If you want more info on this let me know.

Kind Regards,

Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp

cjf001

Hi Chris - thanks for the reply. I wouldn't mind learning more about both solutions you mentioned - the DFM CLI one, as well as the (apparently much more involved) Toolchest/Graphite/Grafana one. Would you have links or something for me to learn some more about these ?

Thanks,

John

madden

Hi John,

I was mistaken, there is no CLI for Performance Advisor to create graphs natively.  There is an interface (API and CLI) to get the raw data though, and then you could use a graphing program to plot it.  A customer I know of had latency thresholds configured, and if breached it would run a script that would email the admin about the situation with a graph of the resource of hte last 1hr attached.  I thought that graph was native from the CLI but it turns out it was generated by the script and a graphing library.

For the other Graphite option I will check on this and let you know.

Regards,

Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA

Public