Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Presnet used VM capcity i a thick provissiond enviroment.

jonas

Hi.

Is ther a way to report on how mutch disk a VM has used even when its thisck provisiond ?

I want to cleate a report in the DWH containing the folowing:

1. allocated storage

2. used storage.( tha actual used disk space of the alocated storage)

3. hostname

Is the number 2 part i have problem finding.

Regards

Joans

1 REPLY 1

ostiguy

OCI has no idea what is going on inside a thick LUN (as provisioned on the storage), or a thick VMDK (as provisioned in VMware).

This is because neither storage arrays nor VMware know what is going on inside the thick object.

As a general rule, you would need an in-guest / in-host agent to retrieve that data. You get a feel for this when you think about one of the rare cases where OCI does know what is going on with a thick LUN - if you create a Vmware datastore on a thick LUN, from a storage array perspective, OCI only know the (allocated) capacity of the LUN. However, vSphere can tell us what the utilization is of the datastore, which is insight into a thick LUN. In this case, vSphere is acting like a host agent because vSphere intimately knows what is going on inside the ESXi hosts.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public