Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Protection Manager - Last day of the month

enrjfitz1

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me with this one. We are using OnCommand Protection Manager for backup and replication of datasets to an offsite location. Currently our month end is always on a Friday (last of the month) and so we can easily schedule this within OnCommand PM for snapshot and offsite replication.

The month end backup is now moving to the last day of the month and will no longer be always on a Friday.

Is there a way in which I can specify the schedule as being "the last day of the month"?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

You  haven't specified which version of Ontap and Protection Manager you are using. so i can't give exact directions

i saw that in On command For 7-mode there is an option in the schedulers for "31/last".

but if you using Cdot system,or have schedules directly in Ontap 7-m it will be using Cron (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron) to schedule jobs.   and cron do not allow to specify this,

however it does allow to specify the first day of a month. i hope that's good enough.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GidonMarcus

Hi

You  haven't specified which version of Ontap and Protection Manager you are using. so i can't give exact directions

i saw that in On command For 7-mode there is an option in the schedulers for "31/last".

but if you using Cdot system,or have schedules directly in Ontap 7-m it will be using Cron (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron) to schedule jobs.   and cron do not allow to specify this,

however it does allow to specify the first day of a month. i hope that's good enough.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

BalajiC

Like Marcus suggested, for 7-Mode you can see a field 31/Last in the schdule, you can add same to the required proetection policy.

enrjfitz1

Thanks gents, very helpful

Public