Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager 2.0R1 for OSX

jthaloor

I am pleased to announce the unofficial release of SystemManager 2.0R1 for OSX. As with the Beta release, please be warned that YOU CANNOT CALL NETAPP SUPPORT for any problems with the build. You can use this communities site for support but I should set the expectation that not I cannot jump on issues if it is outside of OSX.

25 REPLIES 25

bachman

Greetings,

Following up on Jesse's Message, here is the Disclaimer on System Manager 2.0R1 for Mac OSX

============================================================================

We currently do not officially support Systems Manager on the Mac OSX Platform.

However, we do have a build (based on the current Systems Manager build) that will run natively on a Mac OSX platform.

As with the public beta of System Manager, this will be supported on a best-effort volunteer basis via the communties.

There will be no guarantee for support nor commitment to providing an OSX based client in future releases.

Please give us your feedback if you want to run Systems Manager on an OSX platform and of course feedback for the product itself.

============================================================================

Thanks for supporting System Manager.

mabrown76

Awesome thanks! The more native Mac OS tools the better, thanks again! : )

sraudonis

When i want to login to a System i can't authenticate. I got the following message:

Internal Server Error

==ERROR== com.netapp.nwf.client.communication.ResponseException  ==TIME== 2011-10-07 15:55:41,514  ==MESSAGE== Internal Server Error  ==DETAILS== No details are available.  ==CORRECTIVE ACTION== No suggested corrective action is available.  ==LOCATION== Location is not specified.  ==BROWSER INFO== App Name: Netscape App Version: 5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) App Codename: Mozilla User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Platform: MacIntel Cookie Enabled: true

What can i do?

sraudonis

O.k. i activated ssl on my simulator and i was able to login successfully. But the second system i tryed was a Ontap 8.1RC, here is ssl already active and i got the same error. And this was in a workshop, so i'm not able to test it again with different settings...

jthaloor

Please retry generating the SSL keys. "Secureadmin ssl.."

murthy_nsm

Hello Jessi

Could you please help on this, i installed but while launching System manager i get only netapp blue screen ...

MAC version

Darwin max1 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7 16:32:41 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Java version

--------------------

java version "1.6.0_26"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-384-10M3425)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode)

i have also removed systemmanager.config and relaunched System manager but even after that its still blue screen.

BR,

Rushi

karthikv

Try this

filer> options ssl.enable off

filer> secureadmin setup ssl

filer> options ssl.enable on

illumitltd

Fantastic option; thank you very much - native tools for OS X are a massive benefit for many sysadmins and a credit to NetApp.

Official support would be valuable; please take this as feedback that we definitely do want to be able to run NetApp management tools on OS X.

Thanks again for your efforts.

ajkremer

Just found this, works great on Snow Leopard as well.

Thanks very much for creating this build, really helps operation efficiency.

Thanks again!

murthy_nsm

thanks to everyone for posting the download but  i have a blue Netapp system manager screen when i just install the DMg file after zipping and placed the file inside /library/application/system manager also found this inside /Users/Administrator/Netapp/System Manager but no luck. i have following version of MAC server.

MAC version

Darwin max1 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7 16:32:41 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Java version

--------------------

java version "1.6.0_26"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-384-10M3425)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode)

i have also removed systemmanager.config and relaunched System manager but even after that its still blue screen.

Can someone help me how to run and overcome this bluescreen (netapp system manager blue screen) .

BR,

Rushi

luker

Hi,

If it's any help, I had the same behaviour the first 2 times I started the application.

For some reason (luck, I suppose), it worked the 3rd time, and so far has worked every time since.

I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

You might want to open the console (applications - utilities - console) and see if any errors are being logged when System Manager starts up.

Thanks,

Luke.

ddknightdd

Hopefully it will be officially supported one day. So far it seems to be a nice product. Thanks.

mvintinner

On my Mac, the System Manager always loads with a window size of 700x625, which is funny because it doesn't even fit the contents of the login screen.  Every time I run the program I need to resize the window.  Is this just me, or is everyone having this problem?

This has been consistent since running the first beta version (I'm currently running 2.0R1).  I've looked through the config XML files, but didn't see anywhere to change this.  If this is the way it is designed, I'd love to see a more appropriate default window size (maybe 1024x768).

jthaloor

This is the first time I heard about this issue. AFAIK there are no window size settings with in the OSX wrapper. The only thing I can think that can doing this is your default Safari settings. The Webkit UI used for the wrapper uses your default Safari settings as would any webkit App on OSX.

mvintinner

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using an Apple Cinema 27" display running at 2560x1440.  When I load my Safari web browser, it opens up at ~1600x1200.  I've tried running the "Reset Safari" option to reset the browser to the defaults (I never use Safari anyway).  There's also nothing unusual in the Console (no error messages).

If you can think of anything else I can look at, please let me know.

noc

Working fine on my MacBook Pro under 10.7.3.

I would like to give my opinion that NetApp should GA and support this on Mac OS X.  I find it rather amusing that Apple is the largest technology company in the world, yet so many companies don't take supporting OS X very seriously.  Given the fact that SystemManager is written in Java, multi-platform support should be almost trivial.

jeras

Is there a newer build for the Mac version?  I'm running build eapN_110505_0850 which I believe may be the only build at this point. 

I'm having an issue with the save system credentials feature.  I'll enter the controller log in credentials, check the box to save the credentials and log in successfully.  The next time I attempt to log in, the credentials come back with a user name of "null" and I get an incorrect log in error message based on the "saved" credentials that System Manager is putting into the dialog box.

Thanks!

Ken

amritad

Hi,

The communities supported 2.0.1 MAC build is available here:

https://communities.netapp.com/message/78489#78489

We currently do not officially support Systems Manager on the Mac OSX Platform.

However, we do have a build (based on the current Systems Manager build) that will run natively on a Mac OSX platform.

This will be supported on a best-effort volunteer basis via the communties.

There will be no guarantee for support nor commitment to providing an OSX based client in future releases.

Regards

Amrita

Andre_Clark

Amrita,

Will there be a 2.0.2 version released on OS X since it was just released for Windows and Linux?

amritad

We will be posting a communities supported on;y MAC build soon.

REgards

Amrita

Public