Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to add C-DOT Netapps to WFA

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Guys,

I have a problem wherein we are unable to add C-DOT Netapps to our WFA. We can add 7-Mode systems but not any C-DOT systems.

Getting Error error "Failed to connect to cluster node: <IP>.
Incorrect credentials for <IP>."

Plus when i test the connectivity i get error "Ontap Host is unreachable"

We have verified the Ports are open and Telnet works. Plus i can also run Powershell commands from this same WFA Server to C-DOT cluster.

I can add 7-Mode Netapps but not any C-DOT systems.

Kindly helpCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Sinhaa,

I am able to resolve this issue now. It seems to be related to version 3.1.0.0.2P2. I upgraded WFA to 4.0 RC and it works fine now. I am able to add C-DOT systems.

Our setup is WFA is in one domain and C-DOT Netapps are in another domain and we have firewall open between them.

Another interesting thing is we have another WFA (version 3.1.0.0.2P2.) in same domain as C-DOT netapps and there i can add them without any issue.

I have informed to support also. May be there is some bug in this version.

BR

Raj

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jeff_Yao

2 possibilities:

1. are u using ssl? if yes, u might need to open 443 port

2. ssl certificate is bad, you need to regenerate it Administration > Setup Options > regenerate certificate

hopefully helps

thanks

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Yaoguang,

Thanks for your reply. We already have port 443 open and i can telnet to C-DOT storage from WFA server on this port.

I am unable to find this option  Administration > Setup Options > regenerate certificate. Can you guide me again?

Capture.PNG

sinhaa

@raj_shrivastava11

What is your WFA version?

Can you check that you are able to do DNS lookup and reverse DNS lookup from your WFA server for any cDOT which is currently not connecting.

Open a Powershell console and try:

1. For DNS lookup for the Cluster FQDN.

[System.Net.Dns]::GetHostAddresses("cluster FQDN").IPAddressToString

2. Reverse DNS Lookup for the Cluster IP:

[System.Net.Dns]::GetHostEntry("1.2.3.4").HostName

Let me know the results.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Sinhaa,

I tried the below commands and i can get the details without any issues. Name to IP and IP to name resolution works fine.

I tried testing the connection using IP also and same error.

PS C:\Users\tin2036x> [System.Net.Dns]::GetHostAddresses("FQDN Name").IPAddressToString
<IP>
PS C:\Users\tin2036x> [System.Net.Dns]::GetHostEntry("IP").HostName
FQDN Name.

BR

Raj

sinhaa

@raj_shrivastava11

Raj,

1. please mention your WFA version

2. You said you can connect to clusters from this WFA server and run powershell cmdlets successfully. Correct? Can you confirm on this.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Sinhaa,

WFA Version is 3.1.0.0.2P2.

Yep i can connect to C-DOT Clusters using powershell and run powershell commands to get the output.

BR

Raj

sinhaa

@raj_shrivastava11

Raj,

You raise a customer support case with NetApp. A TSE will help you resolve this on your setup.  You can mention about our discussion.

Your case is not normal WFA behaviour, so TSE will need to look into your setup.

sinhaa

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Sinhaa,

I am able to resolve this issue now. It seems to be related to version 3.1.0.0.2P2. I upgraded WFA to 4.0 RC and it works fine now. I am able to add C-DOT systems.

Our setup is WFA is in one domain and C-DOT Netapps are in another domain and we have firewall open between them.

Another interesting thing is we have another WFA (version 3.1.0.0.2P2.) in same domain as C-DOT netapps and there i can add them without any issue.

I have informed to support also. May be there is some bug in this version.

BR

Raj

Public