Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to load VMware Poweshell Snapin

calori

Hi All,

I installed the WFA version 2.0.1.23.8 and now I am facing some problems to create the datasource to connect in vCenter.

I inserted the hostname, username, password, database (VIM_VCDB), but when I try to acquire the data I am receiving the error "Unable to load VMware Poweshell Snapin"

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Vinicius Calori

Systems Engineer @ Brazil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaronh

Hi,

Did you install the PowerCli package from VMware?

It is not installed by default, as stated in the installation guide.

Cheers,

Yaron

WFA Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

yaronh

Hi,

Did you install the PowerCli package from VMware?

It is not installed by default, as stated in the installation guide.

Cheers,

Yaron

WFA Team

mferris

I loaded the PowerCli Package on the WFA server and still get the same result. I can launch PowerCli, so I know it's working.

Is there some other step to perform to make sure this is working for WFA and vCenter?

goodrum

Are you running PowerCLI 5.1 build 1012425?  This was a bug in their Environment script which is what is being called by WFA.  Also, make sure that you enable "Set-ExecutionPolicy –ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned" in your PowerCli window

Steps to fix issue with build 1012425

1. Navigate to the following directory path on the WFA server  -- "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\"
  2. Right Click the file named - Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1 and select properties.
  3. Remove the ReadOnly flag and hit ok
  4. Edit the file named - Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1
  5. Remove line # 9 - "$version = Get-PowerCLIVersion". This command will never run fails WFA every time.
  6. Save the file

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

Public