Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA 3.1P2 user to connect directly to MYSQL DB?

masson

Hello,

Please give me the process or login/password to logon directly to mysql DB (through gui or cli)

TIA

REgards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

coreywanless

If you want to interface directly with the mysql DB remotely you will need to first comment out the "bind-address" line within the my.ini under <install dir>\Netapp\WFA\mysql. Once you have commented out the line, you will need to restart the 'NetApp WFA Database' service for the change to take affect.  This will allow you to connect from any PC of your liking with a tool like mysql workbench, or whatever tool you prefer.

If you only want to access the database from the machine WFA is installed on, you don't have to do the above since it is already locked down to just that PC. If you want to run a query from the CLI, pop into powershell and run the profile of WFA's Service. <install dir>\Netapp\WFA\Posh\profile.ps1  After you do that, you will have 'Invoke-mysqlquery'. You can test it by running something simple like 'invoke-mysqlquery "select * from cm_storage.cluster" '

The account to access the database is "wfa" and password is "Wfa123".

I hope that answers your question(s).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

coreywanless

If you want to interface directly with the mysql DB remotely you will need to first comment out the "bind-address" line within the my.ini under <install dir>\Netapp\WFA\mysql. Once you have commented out the line, you will need to restart the 'NetApp WFA Database' service for the change to take affect.  This will allow you to connect from any PC of your liking with a tool like mysql workbench, or whatever tool you prefer.

If you only want to access the database from the machine WFA is installed on, you don't have to do the above since it is already locked down to just that PC. If you want to run a query from the CLI, pop into powershell and run the profile of WFA's Service. <install dir>\Netapp\WFA\Posh\profile.ps1  After you do that, you will have 'Invoke-mysqlquery'. You can test it by running something simple like 'invoke-mysqlquery "select * from cm_storage.cluster" '

The account to access the database is "wfa" and password is "Wfa123".

I hope that answers your question(s).

masson

Perfect.

Thanks

Regards

sinhaa

@masson @coreywanless

WFA3.0 and above provided WFAConfig cmdlets to do this for you. Its done to avoid the need for users to manually edit the configurations files. Read more about them in WFA Installation and setup guide.

WFA3.0: Open WFA\bin and launch ps.cmd to launch a powershell console with WFA modules loaded.

Set-WfaConfig -Name DBAccess -Enable $true

Restart service when prompted for.

In WFA3.1+ in addition to the above, you can also use

1. Open a cmd.exe and go to  \WFA\bin.

2. There is a wfa.cmd uitility avaibale.

./wfa --db-access=public --restart

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

masson

Thanks Sinhaa for the informaiton

Public