Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA 5.0 - CDOT Volume CIFS Share Creation without snapshots Problem

fabtax

Hello,

I'm trying to create a workflow based on the workflow "Create a Clustered Data ONTAP Volume CIFS Share" but without any snapshot (Snapshot Policy set to none , .snapshot directory visibility disabled, snapshot reserve to 0%).

I did the snapshot reserve to 0% without any problems but snapshot policy to none failed and i was unable to see any inputs that allow me to disable .snapshot directory.

I dig into the workflow and found that the snapshot_policy is set in the modify volume rule :

2019-03-14_102054.png

2019-03-14_102307.png

As you can see i tried to set it to none in order to disable it.

Unfortunately it's not working...

I still have :

2019-03-14_102837.png

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thank you 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

geringer

fabtax,

I do not have a 5.0 environment, so my suggestions may not be exact.  I would suggest that you try to clone and modify the volume create template.  There is an option in the volume template to enable snapshots.  Try setting this to false and see if this does what you want.  If not, then on the Volume modify, you need to complete the input tabs to include cluster and vserver.  You also need to ensure that you have a policy called none created for those clusters and vservers.  I think the first suggestion will get you want you need, but if not, then try suggestion 2.

Best of luck,

Mike

fabtax

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately the first proposal is not working : ( i think i already tried this one)

2019-03-15_165448.png

I still have : 

2019-03-15_172241.png

I also checked in command line and still have

Snapshot Directory Access Enabled: true
Space Reserved for Snapshot Copies: 0%
Snapshot Reserve Used: 0%
Snapshot Policy: default

cbauernf

Try and quote the policy name: "none"

Best,

Christian