Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA script fails

woodsw

I created a script to resize a 7-mode volume by cloning the resize volume command (modifying the powershell command to exclude references to autogrow, etc.) and creating a script from that.  After several attempts, it worked.  I then went on to clone that script to create another that would not only resize the (source) volume, but the target volume as well.  Once I saved the second script, the first resize script "broke".  It appears to run (I get the green coloring when previewing), but the volume remains the same size.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill

7 REPLIES 7

woodsw

Just a little more information on this:

The command that I created (cloned and modified) works all by itself (I've tested it).  When I use it in a workflow is when the failure occurs.

Thanks,

Bill

JoelEdstrom

Hi Bill,

Any chance you could upload copies of the command and workflow so we can take a look at it?  Also, when the command runs do you get any errors in WFA or does it simply fail to take the action you expected on the volume(s)?

woodsw

I'd like to, but they won't upload (got an error that the extension does not agree with the content).  I've even zipped them up but that doesn't work either (no error, it just doesn't post my message with the attachment).

Any other ideas on how I can upload them?

Thanks,

Bill

woodsw

Here are the scripts in question.

Thanks,

Bill

woodsw

the first one was just the command.  This one is the WFA.

Thanks,

Bill

P.S.  Had to use Chrome to do the attachments.  IE was not cooperating.

JoelEdstrom

Hi Bill,

On the command - 

It looks like the same command but you removed the optional input parameters for autosize and snap reserve percentages.  These aren't required inputs; was there a reason you wanted to use a custom command instead?  The custom command looks like it will work but generally it's recommended to use the certified commands wherever possible.

On the workflow -

As long as the volume was found it looks like it should resize a single volume.  If the volume isn't found the search parameters won't work and the preview should fail; under the 'aggregate' field you have a user defined variable of '$aggrgate' when WFA is actually expecting an object reference.  

What DFM and WFA versions do you use?  I could test this out later this week afterhours in my home lab.

woodsw

I checked the certified resize command and it does work.  When I create a workflow with the certified command the validation is "green", but the volume is not resized (just like the workflow / command I created).  The DFM version is 5.2 and WFA is 2.2.02.6

In the meantime, I attempted to uninstall WFA and then reinstall it again.  The uninstall didn't finish cleanly (left the mysqld.exe behind).  I cannot delete the folder as it says it's in use.  I cannot find where it would be in use.  When I attempted to reinstall, it also failed because it could not overlay that program (and I didn't want to "ignore" or skip that file).

Any thoughts on how I can remove mysqld.exe?

Thanks,

Bill

Public