Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

aquisition fails from OCUM 6.3

niels

Hi,

for several months now I have a running installation of WFA3.1 successfully aquiring data from my OCUM6.3RC1.

Now, out of a sudden I get the following error when aquiring data from that OCUM server:

Table 'ocum_data_collector.lun_import_ext' doesn't exist

I reset the scheme and also deleted and recreated the OCUM data source - still no change.

Is this error caused by WFA or OCUM? And any idea how to remediate?

Thanks and regards, Niels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rkiran

Hi,

You might have imported 'Foreign LUN Import' pack from store. This pack needs lun_import_ext table in OCUM ocum_data_collector database. Do you really need this pack ?
You need to deploy the data-collector_lun_import_ext.conf config file into OCUM. For more details, please read the help content of 'FLI Setup And Import' workflow  under workflow--> help content --> view help content --> Before you begin  section. There is a link to access the config file.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

abhit

In OCUM, there is a module named Data Collector.

It collects attribute data whatever is specified in a config file.

There can be 3 issues:

1. That config file has gone missing.

2. OCUM has not created the table via Data Collector.

3. The config file has got corrupted.

WFA is unable to find the table when fetching the data from Data Collector.

Regards

Abhi

niels

Hi abhit,

how could I check for this config file and see if the Data Collector is working properly?

Kind regards, Niels

rkiran

Hi,

You might have imported 'Foreign LUN Import' pack from store. This pack needs lun_import_ext table in OCUM ocum_data_collector database. Do you really need this pack ?
You need to deploy the data-collector_lun_import_ext.conf config file into OCUM. For more details, please read the help content of 'FLI Setup And Import' workflow  under workflow--> help content --> view help content --> Before you begin  section. There is a link to access the config file.

niels

This is a customer-facing demo environment used by several perople.

I assume somebody installed the pack to demonstrate the WFA Workflow Store.

Installing the data-collector file into OCUM worked out as described.

Thanks!

Kind regards, Niels

mferris

I see something similar. A few weeks ago my OCUM 6.3 data source quit working. The error I get (even if I delete and recreate the Data Source) is

"Data truncation: Column set to default value; NULL supplied to NOT NULL column 'raid_status' at row 1". I don't remember loading any Foreign LUN 

import pack. Is there some other way to troubleshoot this data source aquisition error?

abhit

It may be because, in WFA for Clustered data ONTAP (cm_storage scheme) the aggregate dictionary entry has a 'raid_status' attribute, which cannot be NULL.

However it is getting NULL value from OCUM.

That is why the error is being thrown. Please check if 'raid_staus' of any aggregate in OCUM6.3 is NULL.

Regards

Abhi

mferris

Thank you. I was not aware that would cause the error and you were correct in there is an aggregate with empty RAID status. I will address the aggregate issue and that sounds like it will correct it.

Public