Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

ssh issue with opm 2.0

elic_co

Hey everyone,

I've deployed multiple opm (ver 2.0, the ovf kind for vmware) servers in a few different networks of mine and in all of them I ran into an issue where ssh connections to the server are automatically dropped after some time since the installation. my only way to access and manage the server is through vmware console.

I also have ocum 6.3 installed next to each opm server and the problem doesn't appear there.

anyone experienced this also? is this a bug/known issue?

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hariprak

Hi,

Legacy Putty versions (such as Putty 0.62) do not have the security parameters necessary to establish a connection to OPM 2.0P2.
Try Upgrading to the latest version of Putty as there have been security fixes and code updates within OPM, that requires the legacy Putty version to be upgraded.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hariprak

Hi,

Legacy Putty versions (such as Putty 0.62) do not have the security parameters necessary to establish a connection to OPM 2.0P2.
Try Upgrading to the latest version of Putty as there have been security fixes and code updates within OPM, that requires the legacy Putty version to be upgraded.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

elic_co

you' re absolutely right, it helped. thank you very much!

hariprak

Glad to know it worked.

Thanks

Public