Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

unable to communicate with proxy

officeworks

Hi folks,

we are unable to communicate with the balance proxy when we try to validate the proxy setup.

We have installed the proxy on a win2008r2 vmware VM (64bit) and the "Balance-Proxy" server is started, and we can see in netstat it is listening on port 9443.

Logs in Balance\logs indicate:

WARN:  Could not instantiate listener com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.web.listener.ProcessMonitorLoader

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'collectionScheduler' defined in class path resource [config/collection-server-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerException: ThreadPool class 'org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool' could not be instantiated. [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool cannot be cast to org.quartz.spi.ThreadPool]

I noticed there was a reference to a file called "collection-manager-quartz.properties" which i suspect is missing.

Am I meant to have a filed called collection-manager-quartz.properties in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Balance\resources\config? cos it is missing, and it doesn't seem to be present in the package either?

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

officeworks

I was kindly directed to KB 2015583 "KB ID: 2015583 - Insight Balance proxy not showing OK: PROXY_ERROR: proxy error (The java package did not fully deploy on the proxy server)" and reinstalled with AV disabled which worked.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2015583

I should RTFM again next time...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

officeworks

I was kindly directed to KB 2015583 "KB ID: 2015583 - Insight Balance proxy not showing OK: PROXY_ERROR: proxy error (The java package did not fully deploy on the proxy server)" and reinstalled with AV disabled which worked.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2015583

I should RTFM again next time...

Public