Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Active IQ not showing perfomance values for Cluster/Node/Aggregate/Volume

JavierBarea

Hello people

what is the reasin behind with AIQ , i have some systems not showing perfomance values of any kind?

any special option in autospport to be activated in nodes/CTLs so as perfomance values of the node/controller (together with config values) can be exported to Active IQ?

Thanks & Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JavierBarea

Thanks Andris

yeah, i thought it initially that way.

After some investigation, autosupport is well configured (so, it is indeed sending perfomance-autosupports).

AIQ is showing data accordingly for the cluster-system specified.

But the curious thing is trying to use Fusion in turn to grab those perf data  in order to plan a TechRefresh for that ONTAPcluster, Fusion responses with no perfomance values available.

After chatting with Brett Albertson, he told me , that is a bug to be fixed (hopefully) in July.

So, i am awaiting for July timeframe and we'll see.

If u feel confortable closing the thread taken as 'Solution', go ahead.

For me it is answered, though not completely with a happy end from my side.

Best regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bretta

You need Active IQ 9.1 or greater and also you should be sending weekly and performance AutoSupports. If that's not it, please Email the hostname or serial number privately (bretta @ netapp).

JavierBarea

hi Bretta

how can i send you privately a note about this?

bretta

andris

One obvious reason (but uncommon) reason might be that performance data AutoSupport transmission has been disabled.

system node autosupport modify | show

[-perf {true|false}] - Performance Data Enable
Use this parameter to specify whether performance data is sent to technical support and addresses specified in the -partner-address parameter. The default is true.

JavierBarea

Thanks Andris

yeah, i thought it initially that way.

After some investigation, autosupport is well configured (so, it is indeed sending perfomance-autosupports).

AIQ is showing data accordingly for the cluster-system specified.

But the curious thing is trying to use Fusion in turn to grab those perf data  in order to plan a TechRefresh for that ONTAPcluster, Fusion responses with no perfomance values available.

After chatting with Brett Albertson, he told me , that is a bug to be fixed (hopefully) in July.

So, i am awaiting for July timeframe and we'll see.

If u feel confortable closing the thread taken as 'Solution', go ahead.

For me it is answered, though not completely with a happy end from my side.

Best regards

bretta

Javier,

Can you re-try the data import in Fusion? I forgot to send this earlier, but it should be resolved now.

Brett

JavierBarea

Hello Brett

This has been resolved as u commented. It was an issue in Fusion.

Now Fusion gathers and utilizes the right workload performance values from autosupport.

Thanks for the help n support

Public