Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Autosupport and SMTP authentication

ralfaro01zero

Is this ever going to be supported? I have several customers (and my company too) that don't have a local mail server, they use a hosting service provider and don't have control over the mail server to allow SMTP Relaying; it would be very helpful if Autosupport could use SMTP authentication.

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3

andris

Ricardo,

Can you be more explicit about what RFC's and AUTH methods you are asking for?

I assume you're referring to ESMTP AUTH?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_SMTP

E.g. Compliance with RFC 4954?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4954

As much details about the requirement you can provide would be appreciated.

ralfaro01zero

Hi Andris,

I'm not a mail expert, but basically what I do to configure my mail account on my mail client is to enable STARTTLS and encrypted password on the outgoing (SMTP) server, I have notice this method is common between several mail hosting providers, also, some use port 587 instead of 25.

Cheers.

Ricardo, i get your point but if the filers have access to WAN for send e-mails you can use the HTTPS method to send ASUP.

We - generally - use the mail relay to avoid give acces to WAN for the filer.

att

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public