Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

fci.loop.stability:info Fibre Channel adapter has a loop stability problem. 8 loop-initialization events seen in 60 seconds.

I came in this morning to this little gem... Anyone seen this before? I can't post auto-support because of the sensitivity of the network it resides on. I'll list below what happens:

Mon May 16 09:19:48 CDT [fci.adapter.offline:info] Fibre Channel adapter 0c is now offline.

Mon May 16 09:19:52 CDT [fci.adapter.online:info] Fibre Channel adapter 0c is now online

Mon May 16 09:21:28 CDT [fci.link.break:error] Link break detected on Fibre Channel adapter 0c.

Mon May 16 09:22:04 CDT [fci.link.error:error] Could not recover link on Fibre Channel adapter 0c after 30 seconds. Offlining the adapter.

Mon May 16 09:33:12 CDT [fci.loop.stability:info] Fibre Channel adapter 0c has a loop stability problem. 10 loop-initialization events seen in 60 seconds.

I've checked the cables and the adapter but I can't find anything on the back that stands out. These messages just keep appearing over and over..

I appreciate the help!

6 REPLIES

Re: fci.loop.stability:info Fibre Channel adapter has a loop stability problem. 8 loop-initialization events seen in 60 seconds.

I would advise opening a case with the NetApp support.  I suspect that you may have a drive that is causing a loop reset.  But with just the EMS strings it is rather hard to determine what the underlying cause may be.

Good Luck,

Don Potter

Re: fci.loop.stability:info Fibre Channel adapter has a loop stability problem. 8 loop-initialization events seen in 60 seconds.

I would open a case at once.

I did experience the same error messages on a customer's side. We suspected wrong cabling first spuriously. In the end an ESH4-Module had to be replaced. This was a hardware failure.

HTH

Peter

Ok.. All I did was reseat the ESH module and this seems to have worked.. Thank goodness for shelf multipathing!

We had a troublesome drive as well that was foreign and degraded. I just destroyed the volume it and zeroed it as a spare.. It was a hand-me-down disk.. Maybe that was helpful.

fci.loop.stability:info Fibre Channel adapter has a loop stability problem. 8 loop-initialization events seen in 60 seconds.

I will still recommend to keep an eye on the counters from `fcstat link_stats` or fcstat link_stats 0c`

Hi Chriscolado,

As you mentioned, we have reseated the ESH module. and its working fine now.

Thanks for your post !!

Regards,

Kaliappan S.

Forums