Ask The Experts

OCUM fired a service processor not configured alert

Silverfuel

OCUM late last night fired an alert that the SP was not configured on one of the nodes on our 8040 controller. We got the obselete email 15 minutes later but when I went digging in the logs I couldn't find anything with that time stamp. The event in OCUM just says that the alarm was cleared but how can it even detect SP not configured when that is a static config in place since the controller was deployed. Anyone experience this before?

I have a FAS 8040 runing 8.3.2 and OCUM is running 7.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aattar

@Silverfuel

could you please let me know the frequency of this particular alert.

If this has occured only once, then it could be a false alert which can be marked  as resolved. If not, this requires further troubleshooting. I suggest you to open a support case with NetApp.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RajeshPanda

@Silverfuel 

The OnCommand Ask The Expert session is live from today and we have posted this question for our Experts. You will receive a response shortly.

Follow our ATE forum for our Expert’s response.

aattar

@Silverfuel

could you please let me know the frequency of this particular alert.

If this has occured only once, then it could be a false alert which can be marked  as resolved. If not, this requires further troubleshooting. I suggest you to open a support case with NetApp.

Silverfuel

HI attar, I have only seen it once in the last several months. I assumed it was a not a legit alert but wasn't sure so thanks for confirming.

Public