Ask The Experts

Owner on new Files and Folders

VikFreeze

When a user creates a File or Folder, by default the user is set as the owner of the new object.
Because the user is set as the owner they can edit the permissions witch is not desired.
Is it possible to set the default owner to anything other then the user that created it?
The Domain Admins or of the NetApps local administrator group would be preferable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VikFreeze
Setting the share permissions dosent solve the issue and it only applies to access via the share. I solved this by defining the OWNER RIGHTS ACE with no permissions witch stopped the inherent behavior of the owner being able to reset ACL, so access is delegate only by the ACE rules witch is what i wanted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GidonMarcus

Hi

on the Share permission itself. reduce the users from "full control" to "change" . that will prevent them from changing the ACL

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

VikFreeze
Setting the share permissions dosent solve the issue and it only applies to access via the share. I solved this by defining the OWNER RIGHTS ACE with no permissions witch stopped the inherent behavior of the owner being able to reset ACL, so access is delegate only by the ACE rules witch is what i wanted.
Public