Ask The Experts

Unable to mount a Trident PVC on Rancher OS worker

AlexHollis

I was able to install Trident in my Rancher Provided cluster, and create a Backend, a Storage Class, and a PVC. When I go to use that PVC on a workload however, it fails immediately and I get this error:

Warning  FailedMount         2m13s (x8 over 18m)  kubelet, worker-dev2     Unable to mount volumes for pod "nginx-0_default(d146e149-e491-11e9-8537-005056aaaa5d)": timeout expired waiting for volumes to attach or mount for pod "default"/"nginx-0". list of unmounted volumes=[test-vol]. list of unattached volumes=[test-vol default-token-5cjwb]

Warning  FailedAttachVolume  72s (x18 over 20m)   attachdetach-controller  AttachVolume.Attach failed for volume "pvc-b8babe2c-e491-11e9-8537-005056aaaa5d" : node "worker-dev2" has no NodeID annotation

That "no NodeID annotation" got me on a rabbit hole of exploring CSI errors, but I can't find anything. I *can* say that these are Rancher OS nodes, and I ran into a similar problem when trying to use the NFS Client Provisioner from the Rancher Catalog to connect to our FAS NFS shares directly. Same result, but that was complaining about rpcbind.

1 REPLY 1

elementx

Get Rancher >1.0.0. I think earlier releases can't enable certain CSI feature gates.

Public