Ask The Experts

Unable to mount a Trident PVC on Rancher OS worker

I was able to install Trident in my Rancher Provided cluster, and create a Backend, a Storage Class, and a PVC. When I go to use that PVC on a workload however, it fails immediately and I get this error:

Warning  FailedMount         2m13s (x8 over 18m)  kubelet, worker-dev2     Unable to mount volumes for pod "nginx-0_default(d146e149-e491-11e9-8537-005056aaaa5d)": timeout expired waiting for volumes to attach or mount for pod "default"/"nginx-0". list of unmounted volumes=[test-vol]. list of unattached volumes=[test-vol default-token-5cjwb]

Warning  FailedAttachVolume  72s (x18 over 20m)   attachdetach-controller  AttachVolume.Attach failed for volume "pvc-b8babe2c-e491-11e9-8537-005056aaaa5d" : node "worker-dev2" has no NodeID annotation

That "no NodeID annotation" got me on a rabbit hole of exploring CSI errors, but I can't find anything. I *can* say that these are Rancher OS nodes, and I ran into a similar problem when trying to use the NFS Client Provisioner from the Rancher Catalog to connect to our FAS NFS shares directly. Same result, but that was complaining about rpcbind.

Forums