Ask The Experts

Volume Autogrow over OCUM and WFA

PMensing

Hello,

We implemented a solution that expands volumes beyond the threshold in the On command Unified Manager via a workflow in the WFA so that the occupancy rate is again 5 percent below the warning threshold.
This solution is currently working very well. Now we have partial volumes which have the option "Logical Space Reporting" and "Logical Space Entforcement" activated.

Unfortunately, our previously described solution no longer works because the volumes are now alerting earlier in the OS.

Is there any way I can customize my scripts and workflows so that alerting and volume size calculations are based on the logical space occupied and not on the physically occupied space?

We use ONTAP 9.5P2, OCUM 9.5 and WFA 5.0.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1

mbeattie

Hi,

I would assume it's possible to create an OCUM alarm and use the script plugin to call a WFA workflow for the events based on the Logical Space Reporting and Logical Space Entforcement events (should all data volumes in your envionment have those features enabled or only selected volumes?)

https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-sag%2FGUID-3B110CAA-5E40-4367-9CB3-DBCFE20F0B71.html&resultof=%22logical%22%2...

Does the OCUM event contain the details on the logical volume space? The event-iter OCUM ZAPI might contain the logical space in the event arguments but i think the /events OCUM REST API doesn't include that property. Are your servers running Windows or RHEL and are you scripts\workflows in PowerShell or PERL?

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public