Ask The Experts

Why does the amount of available storage shown differ?

Sycraft

We have a FAS2620 running OnTap 9.5P3 set up with two aggregates, A and B. When I go to the Dashboard on the web page and look at cluster overview, it shows that A is 61% used, and B is 44% used. However when I go to the Aggregates page under storage, it shows that A is 91% used and B is 52% used.

Why is there such a disparity between the two displays and which one is likley to be correct?

3 REPLIES 3

SpindleNinja

I would guess maybe a bug/glitch in the GUI?   can you post screenshots?   

what's "aggr show" say? 

Sycraft

Here's the dashboard:

Annotation 2019-05-09 231049.png

And here's the aggregate tab:

Annotation 2019-05-09 231124.png

show aggregate agrees with the information displayed on the aggregate tab. However there are a couple of strange things:

1) I deleted a volume that had 8TB of data... and only 2TB of available space showed up.

2) When I querey the volumes for physical space used, it is not equal to what I am seeing with show aggregate, it is equal to what I'm seeing with the dashboard.

SpindleNinja

Re: the GUI displays it is odd.  I checked a 9.1 lab filer i have and it's different too.  not as much as yours though.   I'll see if I can do some deeper digging.   

1)   Depends what the "used size" size is.   "vol show -fields used" 

2)  It never will,  there is metadata hanging around WAFL that will add additional space.    

Public