Ask The Experts

Why does the amount of available storage shown differ?

Sycraft

We have a FAS2620 running OnTap 9.5P3 set up with two aggregates, A and B. When I go to the Dashboard on the web page and look at cluster overview, it shows that A is 61% used, and B is 44% used. However when I go to the Aggregates page under storage, it shows that A is 91% used and B is 52% used.

Why is there such a disparity between the two displays and which one is likley to be correct?

3 REPLIES 3

SpindleNinja

I would guess maybe a bug/glitch in the GUI?   can you post screenshots?   

what's "aggr show" say? 

Sycraft

Here's the dashboard:

Annotation 2019-05-09 231049.png

And here's the aggregate tab:

Annotation 2019-05-09 231124.png

show aggregate agrees with the information displayed on the aggregate tab. However there are a couple of strange things:

1) I deleted a volume that had 8TB of data... and only 2TB of available space showed up.

2) When I querey the volumes for physical space used, it is not equal to what I am seeing with show aggregate, it is equal to what I'm seeing with the dashboard.

SpindleNinja

Re: the GUI displays it is odd.  I checked a 9.1 lab filer i have and it's different too.  not as much as yours though.   I'll see if I can do some deeper digging.   

1)   Depends what the "used size" size is.   "vol show -fields used" 

2)  It never will,  there is metadata hanging around WAFL that will add additional space.    

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public