Ask The Experts

creating custom OCUM 9.4 reports

emre_bcbsa

Hi,

I need to create some specific replication reports (PDF).    The OCUM built -in reports that I could modify or customize are not providing what I am looking for, and OCI doesn't report replication.

Is there a way to create custom reports in OCUM 9.4?

There are several resources available for creating custom reports but they all seem to apply to version 7.x with BIRT.

Thanks,

Emre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aattar

Hi @emre_bcbsa,

Unified Manager 9.4 also provides reporting functionality, you might need to create new reports that are specific to your environment. You can create new reports using the Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT), and then import them into Unified Manager to view and manage. You can refer this DOC link for more info.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aattar

Hi @emre_bcbsa,

Unified Manager 9.4 also provides reporting functionality, you might need to create new reports that are specific to your environment. You can create new reports using the Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT), and then import them into Unified Manager to view and manage. You can refer this DOC link for more info.

emre_bcbsa

I followed the steps in the 9.4 Admin Guide, but I am having issues connecting to the OCUM data source from within Eclipse.

I also check the steps in TR-4565 and Rolf's "Creating customized NetApp OCUM reports" youtube video.

It is also not clear if the OCUMTemplate.rptdesign is needed with 9.4 

I am getting a "Failed to create connection. Please verify the connection properties" with the following details:

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Failed to create a connection. Please verify the connection properties.
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$TestInProcessDialog$TestConnectionJob$1.run(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:218)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4203)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3819)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.MessageDialog.open(MessageDialog.java:396)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$8.widgetSelected(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:1036)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.dialogs.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.actions.EditDataSourceAction.doAction(EditDataSourceAction.java:69)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.AbstractElementAction.run(AbstractElementAction.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:473)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:687)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:604)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

aattar

Hi @emre_bcbsa

The error looks more to me a connectivuty issue with the datasource. Could you please try connecting with eclipse after restaring the same.

Note:The Eclipse tool is an open sourcefree IDE. If you prefer the professional version, you need to procure the license yourself. For Unified Manager reporting, the open source version satisfies most of your needs.

jfc916

I had the same connectivity issue, i was using mysql jbdc driver 8.1, i downgraded to 5.1 and it worked fine after that. 

Public