Ask The Experts

xcp exit codes and errors

robh-at-work

I'm calling xcp in a powershell script and i would like to capture exit code and the total files copied and\or scanned.

PS md $($account.newhome)
PS C:\netapp\xcp\xcp.exe copy $account.homedirectory $account.newhome

Below is an example of the last 5 lines output to screen:

57,262 scanned, 0 errors, 0 skipped, 57,259 copied, 34.1GiB (0/s), 9m50s
57,262 scanned, 0 errors, 0 skipped, 57,259 copied, 34.1GiB (0/s), 9m55s
57,262 scanned, 0 errors, 0 skipped, 57,261 copied, 36.9GiB (63.1MiB/s), 9m59s
Sending statistics...
Error sending statistics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robh-at-work

"RTM"

i took one last look in the manual and found the line

"The output of XCP SMB commands can be redirected using the “>” operator. For example:"

# 2c write source and destination to a file just in case + create log file as samusername.txt
write-output $account.name "has a home directory located here:", $account.homedirectory | out-file -filepath C:\test\moving.txt -Append
write-output "wer're moving it here:", "$($account.newhome)`n" | out-file -filepath C:\test\moving.txt -Append
write-host $account.samaccountname "log file", $account.homedirectory | out-file -filepath C:\test\user_logs\"$($account.samaccountname).txt"

# 2d make new HomeDirectory based on samaccountname and xcp to new storage array
# then set aduser homedirectory path and drive in profile and also remove any login.vbs
md $($account.newhome)
C:\netapp\xcp\xcp.exe copy $account.homedirectory $account.newhome | out-file -filepath C:\test\user_logs\"$($account.SamAccountName).txt"
set-aduser -Identity $($account.samaccountname) -Homedirectory $($account.newhome) -HomeDrive "H:" -ScriptPath " "

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

robh-at-work

"RTM"

i took one last look in the manual and found the line

"The output of XCP SMB commands can be redirected using the “>” operator. For example:"

# 2c write source and destination to a file just in case + create log file as samusername.txt
write-output $account.name "has a home directory located here:", $account.homedirectory | out-file -filepath C:\test\moving.txt -Append
write-output "wer're moving it here:", "$($account.newhome)`n" | out-file -filepath C:\test\moving.txt -Append
write-host $account.samaccountname "log file", $account.homedirectory | out-file -filepath C:\test\user_logs\"$($account.samaccountname).txt"

# 2d make new HomeDirectory based on samaccountname and xcp to new storage array
# then set aduser homedirectory path and drive in profile and also remove any login.vbs
md $($account.newhome)
C:\netapp\xcp\xcp.exe copy $account.homedirectory $account.newhome | out-file -filepath C:\test\user_logs\"$($account.SamAccountName).txt"
set-aduser -Identity $($account.samaccountname) -Homedirectory $($account.newhome) -HomeDrive "H:" -ScriptPath " "

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public