Cloud Volumes ONTAP

Queries related to Cloud Manager and CVO

Ankit15

Hi All,

I have below queries related to Cloud Manager:

• Is there a way to restrict Cloud Manage access over the internet? If any organization wants their admin to access Cloud Manager only through VPN or from the organization network, is it possible?
  • Once we deploy CVO, is Cloud Manager must after that for day-to-day operations?
  • In case the connector is unavailable, is it possible to perform configuration on CVO using a management IP address?
  • Is file-level restoration possible from a snapshot on CVO? When I try restoring a snapshot, it is restoring it to a new destination volume. How to perform file-level restoration?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GIanfrancoLanza

Maybe this can be the answers:

1) There is a configuration on cloud manager in Manage Account page where you can disable the use of Saas Platform. When disabled you can only operate connecting directly to the connector ( through your intranet ).

2) No, you can also operate with CLI and System Manager directly with the Ontap cluster. Cloud Manager is good for adding o removing disks and aggregates because it manages all the commands with you cloud provider.

3) Yes, it's like any other Netapp

4) I'm not sure but, in case of a share, I think you can utilize the feature of Previous versions directly on the client.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GIanfrancoLanza

Maybe this can be the answers:

1) There is a configuration on cloud manager in Manage Account page where you can disable the use of Saas Platform. When disabled you can only operate connecting directly to the connector ( through your intranet ).

2) No, you can also operate with CLI and System Manager directly with the Ontap cluster. Cloud Manager is good for adding o removing disks and aggregates because it manages all the commands with you cloud provider.

3) Yes, it's like any other Netapp

4) I'm not sure but, in case of a share, I think you can utilize the feature of Previous versions directly on the client.  

Public