Data Backup and Recovery

Unable to install snapcreator agent on Solaris 11 SParc machine

SrinathATT

I am unable to setup snapcreator agent on solaris 11 sparc machine. Any recomendation would be helpful..

I am unable to open the pl script as well. and cannot do it using strings as well.

==

root@l123536sdbs3001:/opt/netapp/scAgent4.3.0# ./snapcreator --setup
Missing or invalid File::HomeDir driver File::HomeDir::FreeDesktop at perlapp line 831.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at snapcreator.pl line 39.

root@l123536sdbs3001:/opt/netapp/scAgent4.3.0# uname -a
SunOS l123536sdbs3001.teletech.com 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v

==

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SrinathATT

Thank you Matte.. It worked .

I copied the files from solaris 10 server.

Noticed. snapcreator service will be in stopped state but it runs at the background and was able to communicate to the server. This is noticed as a bug at various version of SC with solaris sparc machines.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

matte

Hi

The "compilation aborted" does not seem to be a fully snapcreator issue but can be that something is wrong/missing on the host itself.

It might be an issue with the Perl configuration on the system, which the installer falls into.

If you have another similar machine a possible workaround would be to install the agent on the other host, and then copy the snapcreator agent program direcotory on the host with the issue

SrinathATT

@mattewill try copying from other sparc machine.. i think i have one on solaris 10 but not on 11.

Will post you results soon.

SrinathATT

Thank you Matte.. It worked .

I copied the files from solaris 10 server.

Noticed. snapcreator service will be in stopped state but it runs at the background and was able to communicate to the server. This is noticed as a bug at various version of SC with solaris sparc machines.

Thanks again.

Public