EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Connect a UCS 240 FC to an E2812

IvanVargasJ

Hello, could you help me, I have a client who is going to buy an E2812 but mentions that he wants to do a Direct Attached to a UCS C240 M5 server with a Qlogic 2692 fiber card, is it possible to make this connection?

The idea is to connect that equipment in Direct Attached to a UCS C240 M5 server with a Qlogic 2692 fiber card, which by the way I do not find in the IMT the data crossing as such with a UCS, it does put it with an x86 server, it should be the same I think (with UCS C, it only enables the VICs)….

unnamed.png

Plan B would be to connect the equipment via FC to the FIs in direct attached, through the VIC that the server has (1387) ...

unnamed (2).png

Could you please help me, what would be the best option?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

agartner

Hello,

There shouldn't be an issue with Direct attach Qlogic HBA 2692 to the E2812. According to the Cisco Spec sheet for the C240M5 server the Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
UCSC-PCIE-QD16GF Qlogic QLE2692 Dual Port 16G Fibre Channel should be supported with this server as well.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c240m5-sff-specsheet.pdf

If using the C-Series server as standalone we do not test or post support for specific server versions, so if the HBA version is supported in IMT with the Firmware/Driver versions wanted and with Direct Attach you should be good to go.

As for your plan B – We do have some postings for the Cisco C-Series servers when run with FI's which could be run in Switching Mode/Direct Connect from FI’s to the Array. So either of the options mentioned should be fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

agartner

Hello,

There shouldn't be an issue with Direct attach Qlogic HBA 2692 to the E2812. According to the Cisco Spec sheet for the C240M5 server the Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
UCSC-PCIE-QD16GF Qlogic QLE2692 Dual Port 16G Fibre Channel should be supported with this server as well.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c240m5-sff-specsheet.pdf

If using the C-Series server as standalone we do not test or post support for specific server versions, so if the HBA version is supported in IMT with the Firmware/Driver versions wanted and with Direct Attach you should be good to go.

As for your plan B – We do have some postings for the Cisco C-Series servers when run with FI's which could be run in Switching Mode/Direct Connect from FI’s to the Array. So either of the options mentioned should be fine.

Public