EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

NetApp Harvest Style Monitoring & Dashboarding for E-Series

PabloZorzoli

Hi E-Series Users,

Been exploring the SANtricity Webservices Proxy in order to collect performance metrics from my E-Series Systems, and heavily inspired by Chris Madden's NetApp Harvest I created a metrics collector and a grafana dashboard.

This is a work in progress but would like to see other people giving it a try and feedback any ideas (and why not pull requests)

Enough said, go ahead and check out my github repo

Enjoy,

Pablo.

4 REPLIES 4

madden

Awesome work @PabloZorzoli!

I fired it up in my lab and works like a charm:

eseries.png

We'll have to see how we can collaborate on this one 🙂

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

ds

Hi Pablo,

I'm running NABox 2.3 with Harvest 1.3.

Do you think I can tweak the image to include also the E-series monitoring into it?

Since I have 2 E-5660 running 11.30, I should not have to use SANtricity Web proxy.

If you think this could be useful I can try to plug those into my Harvest setup.

Thanks, Thomas.

PabloZorzoli

hi @ds

I'm not familiar with that style. I'm also a harvest user for my ontap systems, but I deployed it directly installed via source code files.

Michael Price from netapp has contributed a Dockerized version of the app: https://github.com/plz/E-Series-Graphite-Grafana#docker

Maybe that thing simplifies the way you can deploy my collector.

Good luck

Pablo

bs_kmcs

I'm not seeing the counters in the collector but I know they're there from the Web Proxy... is anyone tracking used/free disk/pool space with this?  If so, how did you add the counter/collector?

Thanks for the great work.

Ben

Public