EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Restoring to Factory Defaults E2724

Trubida

I'm trying to repurpose an existing e2724 array.  I cannot connect to the device with Santricity as the IP addresses were changed and I don't know what they are.  I've tried connecting to the default IP addresses on both ports but that won't work.  When I connect to the serial port and try to type anything the test is garbled.  Can anyone help out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Trubida

I was wable to get this resolved.  In case anyone else runs into this here's the steps I took.

I tried to connect to the console using every baud rate, parity and flow control option available.  I couldn't get any of them to display and readable output.  I then connect a network cable to one of the mgmt ports and used wireshark to capture data.  In looking at the wireshark data I was able to find the IP address assigned to the controller.  I was then able to connect to that IP address using Santricity.  Once connected I was able able to reset the IP addresses to what I wanted them to be.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hariprak

Hi,

Check this community discussion thread http://community.netapp.com/t5/E-Series-SANtricity-and-Related-Plug-ins-Discussions/E-series-storage-factory-default/m-p/32117#U32117

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Trubida

I was wable to get this resolved.  In case anyone else runs into this here's the steps I took.

I tried to connect to the console using every baud rate, parity and flow control option available.  I couldn't get any of them to display and readable output.  I then connect a network cable to one of the mgmt ports and used wireshark to capture data.  In looking at the wireshark data I was able to find the IP address assigned to the controller.  I was then able to connect to that IP address using Santricity.  Once connected I was able able to reset the IP addresses to what I wanted them to be.

Public