EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

SMI-S Santricity (Eseries)

Farhan

Hi All,

We are getting below messages when trying to add E-series storage array to SMI-S Provider.

Exception:HTTP Error (401 Unauthorized)

&

No PG_ComputerSystem instance available

Error getting SystemRegistrationService instance

Our setup here is simple.

Linux server has santricity installed in it with no password required to access Eseries systems.

On the same system, we installed SMI-S provider. At the moment we are getting below errors while trying with either HTTPS or HTTP. Any clue?

HTTPS:

[root@xyz array]# ./ArrayMgmtUtil -AddArray -l 127.0.0.1:8088 -n root/netapp/santricity -ArrayIP 10.30.16.43

No PG_ComputerSystem instance available

Error getting SystemRegistrationService instance

HTTP:

[root@xyz array]# ./ArrayMgmtUtil -AddArray -l 127.0.0.1:443 -n root/netapp/santricity -ArrayIP 10.30.16.43

Exception:HTTP Error (401 Unauthorized).

[root@xyz array]#

Regards,

Farhan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_AU

Hello Farhan,

I am not sure if you ever found a solution to this query, but I found some information that might be helpful.

You can review the suggestions offered on the forum post here.

As a workaround, you can try manually adding the array IPs to the /opt/netapp/pegasus/providers/array/ArrayHosts.txt file.

I also found a case where they fixed this issue by turning on the legacy management interface.

Let me know if any of the above suggestions help.

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NetApp_AU

Hello Farhan,

I am not sure if you ever found a solution to this query, but I found some information that might be helpful.

You can review the suggestions offered on the forum post here.

As a workaround, you can try manually adding the array IPs to the /opt/netapp/pegasus/providers/array/ArrayHosts.txt file.

I also found a case where they fixed this issue by turning on the legacy management interface.

Let me know if any of the above suggestions help.

Team NetApp
Public