General Discussion

Can't access remote NetApp

danielj

Trying to setup a remote NetApp on our network but am unable to ssh to it or access the webpage. I am able to ping and the local technicians are able to access the webpage. Firewalls are not blocking port 443 or 22 traffic. I've had the technicians disable the NetApp firewall entirely but that didn't help. I've done test-netconnection -port and the test for HTTPS and SSH fails on the NetApp, but when I test it on their gateway it succeeds. Is there some setting on the NetApp that I'm missing that could prevent remote users from accessing it?

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

SSH is enabled by default, however you must have a user account that is configured to use ssh as an access method.

The -application parameter of the security login commands specifies the access method for a user account. 

For web:
::> security login create -user-or-group-name admin -application http -authentication-method password -role admin
::> security login create -user-or-group-name admin -application ontapi -authentication-method password -role admin

For ssh:
::> security login create -user-or-group-name admin -application ssh -authentication-method password -role admin

Is it a brand new setup ? Is the lIF setup ? cluster-mgmt or node-mgmt ? What is the output from console for this command:
::> network interface show

Public