General Discussion

NetApp XCP Sync Command Have Some Problem

Demon-Huang

Tools:NetApp XCP 1.6.1

Environment:Windows 2012 Install XCP 1.6.1

I Have NetApp FAS3220 and other nas , now i want to migrate the nas data to the new storage NetApp FAS8200,

When i first copy done, use the " xcp sync " command to sync the new data, but is cancel by itself, the error as follows the picture.b863615a94dcf8e876ade22f45fbc42.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

hmoubara

Hello

Please check the kb below:

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Archived_Articles/ARCHIVED%3A_Troubleshooting_Workflow%3A_NetApp_XCP_Migration_Tool_errors

Error from the xcp logs provided:

2020-09-23 22:58:07,158 - ERROR - xcp.acls - 17980 - 15056 - failed to obtain fallback security principal "tse-c.local\Administrator". Please check if the principal with the name "tse-c.local\Administrator" exists on "TSCFILER".
2020-09-23 22:58:07,158 - ERROR - xcp.acls - 16680 - 2812 - failed to obtain fallback security principal "tse-c.local\Administrator". Please check if the principal with the name "tse-c.local\Administrator" exists on "TSCFILER".
2020-09-23 22:58:07,158 - DEBUG - xcp.acls - 16680 - 2812 - stack trace:

Cause #17: This may happen when:

1. The target netbios name/machine account cannot be resolved to an IP
  2. The target machine cannot resolve the fallback-user or fallback-group to a SID

Solution: 

1. For cause 1, add a mapping in the hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) for the netbios name/machine account name of the target.
  2. For cause 2, select a fallback-user/group that can be resolved by the target system. This can either be a local user to the target machine, or a domain user resolvable by the target machine.

Demon-Huang

I want to see the kb,but when I open,the page tell me " You do not have permission to view this page."

the "TSCFILER" is a NetApp FAS8200 SVM join in the AD name.

hmoubara

Hello 

The part of the KB that refer to the error message you seeing i had posted in my previous reply.

Can you verify the below:

1. The target netbios name/machine account cannot be resolved to an IP
  2. The target machine cannot resolve the fallback-user or fallback-group to a SID

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public