General Discussion

ldap auth on two domains, & ssh login denied

EricGus

new to netapp, new to the job, don't believe there's an ongoing support contract (so don't imagine I can update anything) ....aaaaand starting a migration to a new domain (parent company).

Migrating from domain xx to domain yy (same forest) and when we migrate users/workstations to the new domain I need them to be able to access the fileshares from both domains and assume I can do so just by adding a second ldap client config then add the appropriate domain yy creds to the shares.

svm settings - cifs - domain - preferred dc's = added yy domain and ip of dc.

configurations - ldap services - add new client (already configured for xx with anonymous binding)

I add a new config, specify ip for preferred ad server, and whether I specify anonymous binding or specify an account with r/w permissions for my site's ou's, I get the following err.

Data ONTAP API Failed: Vserver API missing vserver parameter

I'm obviously missing something.. There's no vserver info that I can find via webgui.  I've also tried using putty to ssh in but keep getting an access denied (I have admin privs for everything according to the System Manager webgui).  I was intending on trying 'ldap client create'.  Can anyone shed any light?

Version : NetApp Release 9.1: Fri Dec 23 04:09:51 UTC 2016

2 node cluster of FAS2552.

3 luns, 1 svm (NTAPData) running nfs, cifs, iscsi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Could you take a look at this kb:

Unable to create an LDAP client: Data ONTAP API Failed: Vserver API missing vserver parameter.
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1071273

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Could you take a look at this kb:

Unable to create an LDAP client: Data ONTAP API Failed: Vserver API missing vserver parameter.
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1071273

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public