Somehow my Autosupport is not working correctly. I have 3 filers (8.0.2P5), all with autosupport enabled and all exactly same configured except for the options autosupport.from differs. All the external and internal emails are sent during a test. I see it on my email security appliance how the emails are sent outbound even to email@example.com. Only one email from one cluster node bound to firstname.lastname@example.org gets sent out of my email appliance and never reaches netapp...
Here are my autosupport options:
autosupport.content complete (value might be overwritten in takeover)
autosupport.enable on (value might be overwritten in takeover)
autosupport.support.transport smtp to https if this is possible in your environment. This will allow you to verify communications. FYI if you send a message
If the system is correctly registered to your now account you will receive a automated message back from netapp. If this is not possible I would also closely review the allowed relay host within your smtp servers. Both heads must be allowed to communicate out and send messages to public email addresses. Another common problem we see, relates to the size of the autosupport message. Depending on the mail system 10mb may be the limit. Commonly we see this hit with the weekly performance statistics. Another testing point would be to set the note to to a external email address. if the note does not get to that account it is very likely a mail server relay restriction. If you are still unable to get this problem resolved I would highly encourage you to open a case with ngs. We depend on this information to rapidly assist in resolving issues and ensuring your systems health.
Re: Autosupport emails sent to email@example.com not getting registered on website
Thanks for your input. I changed the options autosupport.support.to to my private email-address (external). And I received a 1mb email with attachments from my filer. After that I tryed it again with firstname.lastname@example.org Trying it with https didn't help either. All that didnt help a bit.
But what helped, was, I set a recipient for a full message (not only minimal) and sent a Test and my Filer was seen on the NetApp autosupport site (after 20min). Solved the problem!