Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Busy Luns reporting

andymac73

Hi

I'm looking to generate a script that will report the snapshots that have the busy,luns dependency across our netapp filers.

At present the below syntax which is being written for a filer by filer basis displays the busy luns in the dependency and snapshot name property as required.

get-navol | get-nasnapshot | where-object{$_.dependency -eq"busy,luns"}

But I would like to also report on the filer name and volume name along with the above two properties but these are not listed in the get-members of the nasnapshot.

Can anyone help how to displays these from I guess the get-navol properties?

cheers

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Andy, I've just posted Toolkit 1.3.  Please let me know whether it resolves your issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cknight

Hi, Andy.  This should get you started:

PS C:\> Get-NaVol | % { $vol = $_.Name; Get-NaSnapshot $vol | Add-Member NoteProperty Volume $vol -PassThru } | Add-Member NoteProperty Controller $currentNaController.Name -PassThru | ? { $_.Dependency -LIKE "*busy*" } | ft Controller,Volume,Name,Dependency -Autosize

Controller Volume    Name                                   Dependency
---------- ------    ----                                   ----------
dunn       vol1      clone_vol1clone.3                      busy,vclone
dunn       vol2      {1670257f-602b-4cf8-ac8a-b94e21486c95} busy,LUNs,vclone
dunn       vol2      clone_vol2clone.2                      busy,vclone
dunn       vol2clone {1670257f-602b-4cf8-ac8a-b94e21486c95} busy,LUNs

andymac73

thanks Clinton, it looks exactly what I need.

unfortunately I get the below error.

Get-NaVol : Value in $global:CurrentNaController is not of type NetApp.Ontapi.Filer.NaController
At line:1 char:10
+ Get-NaVol <<<<  | % { $vol = $_.Name; Get-NaSnapshot $vol | Add-Member NoteProperty Volume $vol -PassThru } | Add-Member NoteProperty Controller $currentNaController.Name -PassThru | ? { $_.Depende
ncy -eq "busy,luns" } | ft Controller,Volume,Name,Dependency -Autosize
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-NaVol], ArgumentException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ControllerNotSpecified,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Volume.GetNaVol

after this even a get-navol returns the same error, I have to reconnect to the controller again.

I have a look in the variables pre and post execution and it looks no different

Any ideas?

cheers

Andy

cknight

Hi, Andy.  Sorry about that.  There is nothing wrong with the example I posted, but it highlights a strange PowerShell behavior I recently ran across.  In some cases the $currentNaController value gets wrapped by a PSVariable instance, which causes the Toolkit to throw the exception.  A workaround for the issue is in the forthcoming Toolkit 1.3 release.

cknight

Andy, I've just posted Toolkit 1.3.  Please let me know whether it resolves your issue.

andymac73

Thanks Clinton. That indeed has fixed the issue.

Many thanks for all your efforts.

Cheers

Andy

anisha05

How can we add related vfiler to the busy vclone?

Public