Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Cannot Connect to Controller

cgeck0000

I am trying to connect to our NetApp with Powershell and get the following error message.  I took out the IP address and also tried with the hostname.  I am not sure if it is a file issue or RPC connection issue.  Any pointing in a troubleshooting direction would help.

Connect-NaController : Could not find file 'C:\Users\geckc\AppData\Local\Temp\2\vt9xuxef.dll'.

At line:1 char:21

+ connect-nacontroller <<<<  10.??.?.??

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (10.??.?.??:NaController) [Connect-NaController], FileNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : RpcConnectionFailed,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.ConnectNaController

2 REPLIES 2

timothyn

Hi cgeck0000,

This sounds like a known issue with using the "-Verbose" switch to the "Import-Module" cmdlet (see here for detail).  We were never able to resolve it specifically, but the work-around is just to leave off the "-Verbose" switch when importing DataONTAP.  Fortunately the problem seems to be resolved in the PowerShell v3 previews.

If you are not using "Import-Module -Verbose" please include the full list of commands you execute before connecting.

Cheers!

Eric

cgeck0000

Hi Eric,

In doing my research I saw the article you are refering to, but I was not using the "-Verbose" switch. After trying some different things, mainly how I access and run the executable and script, it began to work correctly.  Thank you for your response.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public