Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Installing "OnCommand Plug-in 3.1 on Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012

MURADAKRAM

Installation question regarding "OnCommand Plug-in 3.1 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012.

In the OnCommand installation and Admin guide it is said to install the plug-in on the RMS server, but as you may know in SCOM 2012 there is no true RMS server role anymore, we only have a managment server that's acting as the "Root Health Service Emulator" server. So my question is what will happen when SCOM Root Emulator server fails and the role moves to a different Management Server? Will the OnCommand plug-in stop working and will we have to reinstall the plug-in on the new ROOT EMULATOR server again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jausch

I think you may have an older version of the guide.  I just downloaded the IAG and I don't see this instruction.  Please get the final shipping version of the guide from now.netapp.com.

Just to be clear, you do not need to install on the RMS any longer.

Any documentation stating that you need to install on the RMS is a documentation error.  Please let me know where you see that in the current guide and we'll fix it.

Alex

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jausch

I think you may have an older version of the guide.  I just downloaded the IAG and I don't see this instruction.  Please get the final shipping version of the guide from now.netapp.com.

Just to be clear, you do not need to install on the RMS any longer.

Any documentation stating that you need to install on the RMS is a documentation error.  Please let me know where you see that in the current guide and we'll fix it.

Alex

MURADAKRAM

Alex, I just realized that you only answered part of my question, could you please explain what will happen when RMS role moves to a different management server, will I have to reinstall the OnCommand Plug-in again on the new RMS server?

thanks in advance

jausch

No, you will not have to re-install.

However, you may need to re-configure services such as PRO tips which are RMS emulator based.

Alex

Public