Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.8 released!

Kartik_Gupta

Dear PowerShell community,

We are glad to announce the release of  NetApp PowerShell Toolkit version 9.8 This unified release has enhancements for  ONTAP PowerShell module.

ONTAP PowerShell Module:
The latest release supports upto 2340 cmdlets and provides maximum API coverage for ONTAP 9.8 and is backward compatible with previous ONTAP releases.

SANtricity PowerShell Toolkit
The SANtricity PowerShell module supports more than 300 cmdlets, enabling the storage administration of NetApp E-Series storage systems and EF-Series all-flash arrays.

Download the NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.8 from  here

Regards,
NetApp PowerShell Toolkit Team

10 REPLIES 10

donny_lang

Thank you for your work on the toolkit! Any word on when 9.8 will be available via PSGallery?

BenFB

Is PowerShell 7 (core) supported in this release? As of 9.7.1.1 it's not working and we have to fallback to PowerShell 5.

When will this be added to the PowerShell Gallery? 9.7.1.1 is still the latest available.

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/DataONTAP/

Francis_Favorini

How do I turn off the extremely verbose XML logging to the PowerShell console window that seems to be enabled for every command now? Super annoying!

Francis_Favorini

Found the answer here. For some reason, Debug logging seems to be enabled by default in Toolkit 9.8. This seems like a bug. I turned it off with a Set-NaToolkitConfiguration -LogLevel Error command.

BobMoore

Thanks for posting this!  All that DEBUG out put was driving me nuts! Hahahaha!

nigelg1965

For those having issues, this is how I fixed it.

Switch to x86 version (32 bit).

1. In Visual Studio Code:  Open the Command Palette on Windows with Ctrl + Shift + P.
  2. Search for Session.
  3. Click on PowerShell: Show Session Menu.
  4. Choose the version Windows PowerShell(X86).

Raoul_Schaffner

Thank you for this release.

Please fix the bug regarding PowerShell Core 7 (v. 7.1.3 currently)

Import-Module DataONTAP

Import-Module: Could not load type 'System.Management.Automation.PSSnapIn' from assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=7.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

BobMoore

I'm struggling with getting  this to work with Powershell Core 7 ..  Any links to some instructions?

TIA!

BenFB

As of now it only works in PowerShell 5.x. A lot of us have requested PowerShell Core (7) support but NetApp has been silent on it.

kranthis

Hi Kartik,

The link gives 404 error. Could you please share the correct link to download NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.8?

Download the NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.8 from  here

Public