Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.9.1.2106 released!

Sapan

Dear PowerShell community,

We are glad to announce the release of the NetApp® ONTAP® 9.9.1.2106 PowerShell Toolkit.

PowerShell Toolkit Upgrade and Backward Compatibility

The toolkit name has been changed from DataONTAP to NetApp.ONTAP. To provide backward compatibility i.e. existing scripts compatibility and to allow users to import the module using the previous name, complete the following steps:

PowerShell Gallery

1. Use cmdlet uninstall-module DataONTAP if an older package is available.
  2. Use cmdlet install-module NetApp.ONTAP to install the ONTAP 9.9.1.2106 package.
  3. Execute the following two commands.

Before executing these commands, ensure that “C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\NetApp.ONTAP” exists. This is the default location where the PowerShell gallery install module resides. If this location has been updated, update the path accordingly.

1. New-Item -ItemType SymbolicLink -Path ("C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\DataONTAP") -Target ("C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\NetApp.ONTAP")
  2. New-Item -ItemType SymbolicLink -Path ("C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\DataONTAP\9.9.1.2106\DataONTAP.psd1") -Target ("C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\DataONTAP\9.9.1.2106\NetApp.ONTAP.psd1")
  3. Once the commands have completed, import the module using both names “DataONTAP” and “NetApp.ONTAP”.

NetApp ToolChest

1. Download the package from the ToolChest.
  2. Extract the package.
  3. Execute Install.ps1 and enter the location where you want to update the existing package or do a fresh installation.
  4. Once the command has completed, import the module using both names “DataONTAP” and “NetApp.ONTAP”.

For more details refer to PowerShell Toolkit Installation Guide 

Regards,
NetApp PowerShell Toolkit Team

4 REPLIES 4

jcolonfzenpr

Congrats to the team! I'm very pleased with the cross-platform and powershell >=5.1+ support.

Jonathan Colón | Blog | Linkedin

whentimeslows

Hey all! Thanks for this new release. When I try to download using the PSGallery I get an error...

Spoiler
PackageManagement\Install-Package : The module 'NetApp.ONTAP' cannot be installed or updated because the authenticode
signature of the file 'NetApp.ONTAP.psd1' is not valid.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1809 char:21
+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Microsoft.Power....InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package],
Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidAuthenticodeSignature,ValidateAndGet-AuthenticodeSignature,Microsoft.PowerShell.P
ackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

I'm also seeing this on the DataONTAP module (latest) but not version 9.7.1.1.

Thanks!

danmalcor

Is there a version for PowerShell on Red Hat Linux?

jcolonfzenpr

Hi,

Check out this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/install/installing-powershell-on-linux?view=powershell-7.2

Once you have installed pscore on linux you can install the Ontap modules from the pwsh console.

Install-module NetApp.ONTAP

Hope this helps!

Jonathan Colón | Blog | Linkedin
Public