Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

PowerShell cDot - How to Check Multi-Path and ACP

tomers

Hi Guys, 

I want to check for each node in the cluster the status of the multi-path and the ACP.

Basically both lines appear one after the other in sysconfig  output (node run -node * sysconig).

but I cant figure out how to get it from the powershell toolkit.

I can invoke-ncssh "node run -node currnode sysconig" but i am looking for a more suitable way to do it.

I don’t want to do string parsing if there is another option.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tomer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markweber

for ACP info, this might have what you need:

(get-ncnode | Get-NcShelfEnvironment).ShelfEnvironShelfList.alternatecontrolpathinformation

for the shelves, one way might be to check the disks for 4 paths (not sure if that covers all the possible edge cases):

get-ncdisk | where -Property paths -ne 4

mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

markweber

for ACP info, this might have what you need:

(get-ncnode | Get-NcShelfEnvironment).ShelfEnvironShelfList.alternatecontrolpathinformation

for the shelves, one way might be to check the disks for 4 paths (not sure if that covers all the possible edge cases):

get-ncdisk | where -Property paths -ne 4

mark

tomers

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for replaying.

*For the ACP, that is great. thanks.

*For the MultiPath, i thought on that but its tricky.

since you have too many options.

***NoPartner (Single) ***
DP = 1 Single Path
DP = 2 Multi path

***HA Pair***
DP = 1 Single Path
DP = 2 
DP = 3 
DP = 4 Multi path

But, using the ACP command you had found i found this:

(get-ncnode| Get-NcShelfEnvironment).ShelfEnvironShelfList.ConnectorInformation.SasConnectorList.IsCableConnected

i need to run a test on it in lab to see if i am correct, but assuming i do, 

this check if the SAS cable is connected, and if all are connected then we have a multi-Path

if only one is connected the using the .ShelfModule (A/B) i can try to assume if i have a single-path or a mix.

Thanks, 

Tomer.

ijm2024
Anyone know how to check via PS for shelf model number (i.e. DS4246, etc) used to be environment shelf in 7-mode command. Looking for similiar in PS?

tomers

Hi, 

Its in Get-NcShelfEnvironment .

I.E: (Get-NcShelfEnvironment -NodeName NODE_NAME).ShelfEnvironShelfList.SesGenericInfo

Tomer.

Public