Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Powershell toolkit - Enable / Disable snapdir access for a volume

JoseJ

Hi all...

Need to know if exists a cmdlet in powershell toolkit for enable and disable (set true or false snapdir-access property)  access to snapdir for volumes.

We are trying to configure snapdiff backup but to achieve this is necessary to have enabled snapdir access to volumes (obious) and  by default we have it disabled to prevent users to access snapshots  through  windows pervious versions tab.

We are looking for a way to enable and disable snapdir access for volumes using  scripting.  

CDOT 8.3.1p1

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Hello @JoseJ,

You absolutely can modify the setting using the PowerShell Toolkit.

Get-NcVol $volumeName | Set-NcVolOption -Key nosnapdir -Value off

I blogged about this here if you're interested in some other options.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

asulliva

Hello @JoseJ,

You absolutely can modify the setting using the PowerShell Toolkit.

Get-NcVol $volumeName | Set-NcVolOption -Key nosnapdir -Value off

I blogged about this here if you're interested in some other options.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JoseJ

Hi Andrew !

Million thanks for your help.  Poweshell toolkit has a lot of cmdlets and I'm a poweshell newbie.

I have browsed your blog  and it's going to be very usefull for me also.  You have a new follower.

Next step for me is achieve to connect a poweshell session to a cluster without interact to enter credentials

Connect-NaController seems to be the option, but I only receive by the moment a RPC error 0x6BA

Best regards...

Aparajita

Hi Jose,

Connect-NcController is the correct cmdlet to connect to a clustered Data ONTAP system. It defaults to HTTPS, whereas Connect-NaController defaults to RPC (which was supported on 7-mode, but not on cDOT, and hence the error).

You may find the Add-NcCredential cmdlet and this link useful to connect to a controller without interaction.

Hope this helps,

Aparajita

JoseJ

Perfect....

Million Thanks also for your support Aparajita.

Link explains perfectly the issue, now I can go forward.

Best regards!

Public