Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Restore-NcSnapshotVolume from snapvault on a different,peered cluster

TonyChaffe

Hi,

I'm investigating how to use the PTK to restore a volume from a snapvault which resides on a different cluster. I have 3 clusters, all OnTAP 9.5p10

The protection relationships:

source -> mirror -> vault

In OnCommand, I can got to the destination volume and use the restore operation, which automatically selects the destination volume (aka, Restore From - where the snapshot resides)

I can then choose where to Restore To with Other Volume, selecting the peered Cluster I want to restore too, the peered storage virtual machine, the volume, the aggregate and finally the destination snapshot to restore.

TonyChaffe_1-1643201412986.png

(I've removed the details as this is just illustrating the operation)

The Restore-NcSnapshotVolume doesn't appear to have the capability to restore to, what could be considered a remote volume, which suggests it is only capable of restoring a snapshot residing on the source volume.

Is that correct and what would be involved in getting this kind of functionality into the PTK?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello,

You should be able to use this command: Invoke-NcSnapmirrorRestore

DESCRIPTION
Restore the contents of a selected Snapshot copy from the source volume to the active file system of the destination volume.

Use the command below for more details.

PS C:\>help Invoke-NcSnapmirrorRestore -full 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

hmoubara

Hello,

You should be able to use this command: Invoke-NcSnapmirrorRestore

DESCRIPTION
Restore the contents of a selected Snapshot copy from the source volume to the active file system of the destination volume.

Use the command below for more details.

PS C:\>help Invoke-NcSnapmirrorRestore -full 

Thanks.

Public