- SMHV creates a snapshot with Snapdrive + VSS Writer of HyperV + Ontap Hardware Provider the LUN containing the snapshot.
- Snapdrive connect the LUN in the previous snapshots, thus creating a LUN Clone and apply the TxF recovery to NTFS that is in the LUN clone.
- Snapdrive creates a new snapshot after txF recovery and suffix it with _backup... So we have 2 snapshots per SMHV Backup
- BUT When we launch sdcli snapvault archive command after each snapshot, it looks like we are transferring the entire LUN clone instead of the supposed block delta. It looks like there is no optimization for the LUN clone transfers.
My questions are if you are sharing the same symptoms on :
- the backup duration : it takes 20 minutes between the first and second snapshot for SMHV backup;
- The snapvault transfer size : the entire LUN is transferred each time an snapvault update with Snapdrive is executed.
Request the snapvault secondary system to begin an incremental transfer to the given secondary path. This API is equivalent to the 'snapvault update' Data ONTAP command. It is required that this secondary path has already been configured as part of a snapvault relationship. The primary system and path configured in that relationship will be used as the source for this transfer. The request will only start the transfer and return. The actual transfer will proceed asynchronously and there is no guarantee that it will succeed. The snapvault-secondary-get-relationship-status API should be used to check the status of the update.
The maximum transfer rate in kilobytes (1024 bytes) per second to be applied only for this update transfer. If this option is not provided the default behavior will be to allow the transfer to proceed as fast as possible. Range:[1.. 2^32-1]
This option dictates how a lun clone would be transferred from source to destination. If this option is "false", a LUN clone would be transferred as a LUN and if it is "true", it will be transferred as a clone. By default the value of the option is "false".
Name of the primary snapshot to be used for this update transfer. This option is supported for only Netapp primary systems. If this option is not provided, the primary system will create a new source snapshot for this transfer.