Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Secutity login delete

Nareshchamarti

Hi There,

I can't able to delete the user account for 'console' application with authentication method password. I am getting below error while running this command.  

cluster::> security login delete -user-or-group-name <user> -application console -authentication-method password

Error: Another console entry with password and admin settings must be created before this one is modified or deleted.
command failed on vserver "**********" user-or-group-name <user> application "console" authentication-method "password": resource in use
0 entries were deleted.

cluster::> security login delete -user-or-group-name <user> -application * -authentication-method password

Error: Another console entry with password and admin settings must be created before this one is modified or deleted.
command failed on vserver "**********" user-or-group-name <user> application "console" authentication-method "password": resource in use
0 entries were deleted.

FYI, I can able to delete all applications for user except "console". user is no more with the organization. Can some one please help me to delete the user account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ecantin_pro

Hello.

Same problem observed on NetApp Data ONTAP v9.3P4, trying to delete a "console+password+admin" user in the cluster SVM.

NetApp Data ONTAP documentation extract: "Data ONTAP requires that at least one cluster user account with the "admin" role capability and the console application type remain unlocked."

Additional info: the "admin" user is locked, and there are several other unlocked "console+password+admin" users.

Successful procedure:

1 - Unlock the "admin" user.

2 - Delete the user to be deleted.

3 - Lock the "admin" user.

Best regards.

Francois

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OZWALKERZ

I've run into the same problem, did you ever work out how to do it?

Cheers,

Stuart

ONTAP 9.3P4

ecantin_pro

Hello.

Same problem observed on NetApp Data ONTAP v9.3P4, trying to delete a "console+password+admin" user in the cluster SVM.

NetApp Data ONTAP documentation extract: "Data ONTAP requires that at least one cluster user account with the "admin" role capability and the console application type remain unlocked."

Additional info: the "admin" user is locked, and there are several other unlocked "console+password+admin" users.

Successful procedure:

1 - Unlock the "admin" user.

2 - Delete the user to be deleted.

3 - Lock the "admin" user.

Best regards.

Francois

Public