Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Set-NaCifs: Unable to process

axsys

Hey There,

Relatively new to the PS thing but so far I could find all the information needed for my powershell script on our flexclone environment. But, I've got one tiny issue with Set-NaCifs I couldn't find the issue.

I create a new vfiler. I connect to the vfiler...

$Credential = Get-Credential

Connect-NaController –name filername -Vfiler vfilertest –Credential $Credential

$pw = $Credential.GetNetworkCredential().Password

I create the /etc/passwd & /etc/groups....

New-NaCifsGroupFile

New-NaCifsPasswordFile $pw

Then I want to run CIFS Setup via Powershell...

Set-NaCifs -CifsServer vfilertest -AuthType workgroup -SecurityStyle multiprotocol

and get this error:

Set-NaCifs : Unable to process one or more of the input values.

At line:1 char:11

+ Set-NaCifs <<<<  -CifsServer vfilertest -AuthType workgroup -SecurityStyle multiprotocol

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (fil-srv01-inf:NaController) [Set-NaCifs], EINVALIDINPUTERROR

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.SetNaCifs

Couldn't find anything on google or on here. I have tried it with different AuthTypes and capital letter CifsServer names all leading to this same issue. Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks,

Carlos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinith

hello, did you specify the domain parameter?, here's an sample from the cmdlet help.

Set-NaCifs -CifsServer DUNN -AuthType workgroup -SecurityStyle ntfs -Domain cifsworkgroup

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

vinith

hello, did you specify the domain parameter?, here's an sample from the cmdlet help.

Set-NaCifs -CifsServer DUNN -AuthType workgroup -SecurityStyle ntfs -Domain cifsworkgroup

View solution in original post

axsys

Well done, now I feel very stupid 😉

Yeah it worked of course. I forgot to add the workgroup/domain. I was abit confused by the term Domain I guess that's why I didn't include it. Makes sense tho.

Thanks a lot

Carlos

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public