Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

powershell/scripts to compare 2 netapp enviroments rights/paths/etc

explorer12

Hi

Storage has been migrated from 7-mode array to new  cDOT , at this moment both arrays are available online before cut off day.
Do you know any scripts/powershell/ 3rd party tools which could help to compare both enviroments in terms user access  to vfilers etc? i mean user rights, paths etc ?

Kind Regards
Explorer

3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

Are you referring to share/export (NetApp object) permissions or NTFS/NFS permissions (file system objects)?

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

explorer12

You're right it's not clear. It's not just about ntfs permissions.

In general i was asked to compare 2  netapp configurations 7 mode and cDot where somone else copied the data from 7mode to cDot so now clients could connect to both of them

Storage is provisioned mostly via  Volumes, vFilers, qtrees,

My goal is it to confirm as much as i could that clients will be able to connect to their resources as they did before or inform them about differences etc.

Actually i should check on both sides what i will choose that it schould be checked.

Taking into account number of volumes, vFilers, qtrees i'm looking for tools or scripts which could help me in that task.

Kind Regards

explorer 

asulliva

It sounds like you want to verify that the users will have access to the data, meaning the file system permissions are the same from old -> new...please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know of any third party tools that can do this, but PowerShell can validate NTFS permissions.  Here's a thread I found which should get you started.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public