Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer not taking the specified primarysnapshot

bassettol

I am using the ONTAP powershell toolkit to automate snapvault updates for SMVI (since it currently doesn't support this functionality).

When using the start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer to kick off the transfer it isn't using the specified snapshot. If I use the zexplore to test the call using the appropriate API it does take the snapshot.

I am wondering if anyone else has got this working, and if so if there a particular format that I am getting wrong.

I am using the following format for the command.

start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer -PrimarySnapshot smvi__test_recent -SecondaryPath /vol/volname/qtreename

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Sorry to keep you folks waiting for a fix.  Toolkit 1.3, released today, should resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cknight

Sorry to keep you folks waiting for a fix.  Toolkit 1.3, released today, should resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

shearermd

Any chance you ever figured this out?  I am running into the same issue and am rather frustrated by it...

bassettol

I am using apitest and calling it from my powershell script in order to update the vaults with the correct snapshot.

It has been working pretty well.

Looking forward to seing a fix for this though, as i prefer to keep it all in PowerShell.

cknight

I can confirm by code inspection that this is a legitimate bug, manifested in both Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer and Start-NaSnapvaultPriRestoreTransfer.  No workaround seems feasible, so I will have to investigate a patch release.  Please stay tuned.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public