Network and Storage Protocols

Changing IP HA Failover Mode interface

Guy_Agfa

Good day ,

i need to change the IP address off the HA Failover Mode interface  (see screen capture attached ) is there any issue to change the ip  on a live system and his partner ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

It's been log since I have seen this 7-mode stuff, so I might be wrong here. Simply looking at the image you shared, so there is current IP of that VIF and there is an option for partner interface (Under failover mode: shared). For partner interface, shud be ok b'cos it will only come into affect when the partner failed over to the current Node. However, for the IPv4 there, isn't that serving any protocols/clients ? If it's not then you can go ahead but you need to ensure the changes are reflected in the /etc/rc file as well, to ensure it stays persistent across reboot.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

It's been log since I have seen this 7-mode stuff, so I might be wrong here. Simply looking at the image you shared, so there is current IP of that VIF and there is an option for partner interface (Under failover mode: shared). For partner interface, shud be ok b'cos it will only come into affect when the partner failed over to the current Node. However, for the IPv4 there, isn't that serving any protocols/clients ? If it's not then you can go ahead but you need to ensure the changes are reflected in the /etc/rc file as well, to ensure it stays persistent across reboot.

Public